[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wave Corrector Users • View topic - Cannot Set Volume low enough

Cannot Set Volume low enough

This forum is for discussing Wave Corrector, audio projects, tips & tricks etc.

Moderator: Derek

Cannot Set Volume low enough

Postby tspellman » Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:38 pm

Friends,

I am having trouble with the Recording Control when I try to use the Set Volume button on some LPs: I cannot set the volume low enough. I use the Line In signal to record from. The Volume slider is one tick from its lowest position, but I am still overloading the Record Level when I record.

The Recording Control is the sndvol32.exe that came with my Windows XP Home edition; the version is 5.1.2600.0. I am using Wave Corrector 3.1r1. I have a Realtek AC97 Audio card. The driver version is 5.10.0.5410, which is the most current version I can find. I realize the Volume slider is from the Recording Control, not from Wave Corrector. Is there a way to tell Wave Corrector to use a lower volume?

FYI, I corresponded with Derek Higgens last year. He kindly suggested I might "record from 'stereo mix' output of the soundcard mixer, rather than recording directly from the line-in. This has the advantage that you can turn down the volume using the playback 'line-in' control and then reduce it further using the recording volume control. Although this will probably work, it will also degrade the quality somewhat and it would be better if you could somehow reduce the signal level going into the soundcard." I don't know how to reduce the signal as it is just coming from my preamp.

Tim Spellman
tspellman

Re: Volume Control

Postby butchmoore » Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:23 pm

Not knowing what kind of turntable you are using I can only tell you what I'm doing. I use a non-amplified turntable to my sound card then normalizing the wave file to increase the volume. This also gives me the ability to standardiz the volume of all my music as I mix the music to burn to CD's. otherwise you could get a CD with varied volumes on the songs. Seems to work for me but not saying it's the pro way of doing it.

Butch Moore
butchmoore

Re: Cannot Set Volume low enough

Postby adaywayne » Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:08 pm

adaywayne

Postby citguy » Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:36 pm

citguy

Postby Derek » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:50 am

Derek
Site Admin

Postby george » Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:44 pm

george

Postby andyclews » Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:02 pm

andyclews

Postby citguy » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:05 pm

citguy

Postby adaywayne » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:06 am

adaywayne

Thanks for all the ideas

Postby tspellman » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:59 am

tspellman

Re: Thanks for all the ideas

Postby adaywayne » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:30 pm

adaywayne

sound source?

Postby db_york » Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:00 pm

What kind of turntable / cartridge / preamp are you using?

Could there be a moving coil / moving magnet mismatch between the cartridge and preamp?

Does the turntable have a built in preamp (so signal is getting amplified again)?

Apologies if these are obvious but I've fallen foul of them myself....
db_york

Re: sound source?

Postby adaywayne » Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:00 am

adaywayne

Postby deadpoirotsketch » Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:18 pm

deadpoirotsketch

Postby adaywayne » Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:57 pm

adaywayne

Next

Return to Chat