Removing backgroung noise

This forum is for discussing Wave Corrector, audio projects, tips & tricks etc.

Moderator: Derek

Removing backgroung noise

Postby Arog » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:22 am

Say I have a song that has a lot of background noise say something I've recorded and I want to split the song apart so that I can extract the track/s that does not contain the unwanted background noise how would I do this?
Arog

Postby citguy » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:24 am

Hi Arog. I'm not sure what you are attempting but if I understand your question, you can not "split tracks" with WC. You can process the left channel or the right channel or both at once. You need to have a "noise profile" without any music content present then run a noise filter test to see if it accomplishes what you need. If you are new to WC you may want to read the help files that are specific to your problem. I'm sure others will offer advice as they have time.
Stan
citguy

Postby ashley » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:38 am

Using a music editing software you can split the song into individual tracks, remove or add parts of song of your wish or delete the unwanted background noise. But for, extracting the whole vocals from the song. I think you can't achieve 100% results. Try with FlexiMusic Wave Editor that i find ok for its price and features.
ashley

Return to Chat