Double processing a file

This forum is for discussing Wave Corrector, audio projects, tips & tricks etc.

Moderator: Derek

Double processing a file

Postby knighte » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:00 pm

Perhaps I missed it, but has anyone noticed that processing a file at threshold 2, saving it, and then processing the saved file again yields more corrections? My experience has shown that at that threshold, the software does not show false positives. This is easy to check by running down through the list of corrections made in the right hand column. Every one has been a real tic or pop, some that are almost inaudible. Love this program.
Larry
knighte

Postby Derek » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:09 pm

Hello Larry

Yes, you do not need to save the file and re-load it. You can use the superscan command on the Waveform menu to superimpose corrections on an already corrected file. The command also allows you to select multiple passes if you have a badly scratched record.
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Postby knighte » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:23 pm

Hi Derek,
Actually, I was super scanning the same load until I thought to try a reload of a saved file. Will have to try again as I could swear I was getting different results. Thanks for your reply.
Larry
knighte

Postby citguy » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:11 pm

Hi Larry. How do you have your "corrections list" set? Click 'corrections' then 'list' and see what level of correction you are listing. I usually only list those over 30. On real noisy stuff sometimes a 'custom setting' of 40 or more.
Stan
citguy

Return to Chat