Burning resultant wav files to DVD

This forum is for discussing Wave Corrector, audio projects, tips & tricks etc.

Moderator: Derek

Burning resultant wav files to DVD

Postby DonLyons » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:26 am

Is there any software program that one can turn to in order to burn resultant wav files onto a DVDdisk similar to what you can do when burning your wav files to CD ROM. The reason I am asking this is that the vynils that I am transferring to my hard drive; when transferred to CD ROM play great on my DVD player through my TV and also through any other CD player be it in a car or portable. However, when I have a large amount of music from a record album that has more than 800 MB of continous music and I need to burn it onto a DVD disk which has a greater capacity ofspace for holding a large amount of wav files created by e.g. (a 4 record LP Album, I find that I have to convert the wav files to MP3or other medium in order to get all the music onto a DVD. That's fine. Except you cannot play the lengthy music
through a normal CD player. Hope you understand what I am getting at, and await advice on this problem. :(
DonLyons

DVD CD compatibility

Postby Ray Bell » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:11 pm

I do not think there is a simple solution to your problem. DVDs store more data than CDs by having a smaller track spacing (a bit like the difference between 78s and LPs). To read this data a DVD drive needs to use a shorter wavelength laser than a standard CD player. This means that a DVD drive can generally read a CD but not vice versa.

So this means that even if you did find some software to write your WAVs onto a DVD you would still not be able to play it on most normal CD players.

Ray
Ray Bell

Wavfiles to DVD

Postby DonLyons » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:48 pm

Thanks Ray for the info. Guess I will just have to replace my wifes car radio system with one that can take DVD and just convert the wav files to MP3 or whatever. Thanks anyway. Enjoy your listening :D
DonLyons

Return to Chat