How to delete a selected track?

Please post your support queries here.

Moderator: Derek

Postby Gordon Pole » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:21 pm

(This is going to be a stupid question I fear)

Having selected a track number, can I simply remove that track?

Gordon
Gordon Pole

Postby citguy » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:46 pm

Hi Gordon. Welcome to the madness. We all have struggled with ridding the file of a single track. I have found three ways. One is simply to uncheck the track when saving the processed files after doing all the editing and it will not be saved. The other is to get into the editing mode and increase your horizontal scale to several minutes per division (square) and simply drag a block across the offending track and "cut and splice". There will be some clean up to do and you may have to "merge" the remenents of the old track to adjacent tracks eliminate all of the unwanted track or you can change your horizontal scale back to .1 seconds and use cut and splice to clean it up further. Or, if the track is relatively short, you can merge it with an adjacent track and then using maximum horizontal scale (I believe it is ten seconds per square) in the track boundary adjust mode, drag the boundary to eliminate the unwanted material. By the way, Derek did a masterful job on the help file and downloadable manual. I sat down and read it thru for the first time last night and learned some things I wasn't aware of.

Stan
citguy

Postby Gordon Pole » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:48 pm

Stan

I don't know if it is etiquette to post a reply simply to say thank you but thank you anyway!

Your first solution sounds the simplest and I shall try that.

Best wishes

Gordon
Gordon Pole

Return to Support