Album vs Track title confusion

Please post your support queries here.

Moderator: Derek

Album vs Track title confusion

Postby rmhodgson » Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:47 pm

When saving MP3 files using LAME external decoder I note that where the album name equates to track name (and both are included in the file path name) then the trackname gets lost during output and is instead replaced by "---" :( . External LAME decoder otherwise seem to work well
rmhodgson

Re: Album vs Track title confusion

Postby Derek » Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:14 pm

rmhodgson wrote:When saving MP3 files using LAME external decoder I note that where the album name equates to track name (and both are included in the file path name) then the trackname gets lost during output and is instead replaced by "---" :( . External LAME decoder otherwise seem to work well

I can't seem to reproduce this problem. Are you sure it is as described?

What the program should do by default is dependant on whether you have split the input file into separate tracks.

If there is a just single track then the filename is used as the track title and the album title defaults to 'Unknown Album'. If there are two or more tracks, then the filename becomes the album title and the track names are all '---' by default.

in either case, you can use the track properties command to override these default values.

I don't know if any of this is anything to do with the problem :? but anyway I am able to set the album title and the track title to the same name and use both in an output path for saving mp3's
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Album and Track Names - more information

Postby rmhodgson » Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:06 pm

I can reliably create the problem as follows:

Record an LP into a file named <Album Title>.wav
Open the file to apply corrections and identify track boundaries
Fine tune track boundaries as necessary
Use <Track> <Properties> to open the naming window

Album Title defaults from the wav file name (less the .wav)
Enter track names - make any one same as <Album Title>

Click OK to close window then re-open with <Track> <Properties>

Track previously shown as <Album Title> now shows as ??? and (if saved as MP3 that gets translated to ---).

I note that if I change the defaulted Album Title so that it is different from the wav file name then this does not happen

Bingo ?
rmhodgson

Re: Album and Track Names - more information

Postby Derek » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:42 pm

rmhodgson wrote:I can reliably create the problem as follows:

part snipped

I note that if I change the defaulted Album Title so that it is different from the wav file name then this does not happen

Bingo ?

Yes, Bingo!

As you say, it is when the track name equals the file name that the problem occurs.

I'll fix this in the next release.
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Return to Support