Track detection

Please post your support queries here.

Moderator: Derek

Track detection

Postby tonyt » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:11 pm

"Track detection is now much more reliable and there is now the option to give the program a target number of tracks to find."

How do I give the program a target number of tracks to find?

Tony
tonyt

Postby citguy » Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:22 pm

Tony. This bothered me at first also. As far as I can tell there is no way to enter the target number of tracks until 'after' the file has been loaded. If you did not get the 'expected' number of tracks, click on "waveform" then choose "rescan tracks" upon which time you can enter the target number of tracks. "Rescan tracks" only takes a few seconds. If anyone knows how to enter the 'target number' before loading the file, I would appreciated the information also.
Stan
citguy

Postby tonyt » Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:53 pm

I see, thanks.
tonyt

Postby Derek » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:17 am

Yes, you have to use Rescan Tracks in order to enter a target number of tracks. You can't supply a target before loading a file.
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Postby tonyt » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:23 pm

I recorded a file last night, and on the 1st pass, one track boundry was missed, so I tried the re-scan tracks with a target of the # of tracks that I knew were there and re-scan correctly marked all the tracks. This option is excellent! (Its so good, it deserves its own 'button' on the menu bar).
tonyt

Postby KeithR » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:07 am

Derek wrote:Yes, you have to use Rescan Tracks in order to enter a target number of tracks. You can't supply a target before loading a file.

I'm a bit of a newbie (having played with the trial version for a few days but only registered this morning) but where do I find the "Rescan Tracks?". I can see the Rescan Clicks button but I'm not sure what CitGuy's "Click on waveform" means.

I have a file where I recorded an entire side of an album but WC can't seem to see the tracks (apart from the start of the recording where I was fritzing around with the tone arm).

TIA
KeithR

Postby citguy » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:30 am

Hi Keith. After recording your tracks and clicking "done" you should have a "wave file". You will then have to tell Wave corrector to "load" the wave file. Wave corrector will load the file, check for tracks and apply any filters you have not disabled. You can disable hiss filters during loading if you wish. If you do not get the expected number of tracks, you can click on "Waveform" at the top of the screen and choose "rescan tracks". At this point, you have the option of entering a "target number of tracks". On difficult recordings you sometimes cannot achieve the desired number of tracks and have to split them manually. While the learning curve for Wavecorrector is not steep it does sometimes take a bit of familiarity to get comfortable with it.

Stan
citguy

Postby KeithR » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:22 am

Hi Stan

Sitting in front of the home PC now and the only thing I can say is "Doh!".

I thought I had scanned all the menus this morning and for the life of me I couldn't see anything but now it stands out the the proverbial dog's ......

Thanks
Keith
KeithR

Return to Support