Gapless Track Boundaries

Please post your support queries here.

Moderator: Derek

Gapless Track Boundaries

Postby tonyt » Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:04 pm

Is Gapless Track Boundaries a new option? I don't remember seeing it before. Will I get the same result if I split track without using Gapless Track Boundaries, but with 0 fade-in/out? I just recored a live album that loaded (as expected) as one track. I split the file into tracks with the Gapless Track Boundaries option turned off. When burned to the CDr, I don't hear any gaps between tracks (which is what I want), so I don't see what would have been different if I had used Gapless Track Boundaries.

As always, great program!
tonyt

Postby Derek » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:27 am

No, the gapless option has always been there although in some earlier versions it was called 'synchronised track boundaries'.

To answer your question, yes you will get (essentially) the same result.

The main effect of 'gapless' is that it prevents you from separating the end of one track from the beginning of the next. it also prevents you from adding fades or silence to track boundaries.

When in non-gapless mode, Wave Corrector also places a very short subliminal fade at eack track boundary even if you have set the fade length to zero. This fade prevents you hearing a small tick at the start or end of a track if it starts (or ends) with a DC offset. This fade is not present when in gapless mode.
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Postby tonyt » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:27 pm

Thanks. When recording a Live album that I want to split into tracks, which method would you suggest, gapless or not?
tonyt

Postby Derek » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:17 pm

Gapless is the recommended way to do this. In practice, if you are careful not to separate the track ends, then it doesn't really matter.
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Return to Support