Default folder not the last folder.

Please post your support queries here.

Moderator: Derek

Default folder not the last folder.

Postby Deeor » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:16 pm

This is a minor inconvenience but I thought I'd raise it anyway.

I am using Windows ME with WC Version 3.2.

Suppose I am working in a folder with a couple of files in it (typically side 01 and side02). I have opened and processed side 01 and saved it using "Save & Close". When I then go back to "File>Open" I would expect to be in the same folder but I'm not. In fact I haven't been able to detect a pattern to where the programme takes me. It seems to be a folder I worked on much earlier, not necessarily the previous one, and often in an earlier separate Wave Corrector session.

Is this a "feature" or is there a small software glitch?

Deeor
Deeor

Postby Derek » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:03 am

Thanks for this report.

I'll need to investigate this as the program ought to behave the way you would expect.

There may be a problem caused by the different ways XP and ME allocates the initial directory when opening files. I thought I had this all tied down but maybe not.
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Postby Ray Bell » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:43 pm

Derek

I have noticed this effect too. I am running under XP sp2 so the issue is not specific to ME.

I'm pretty sure that the effect was not there in the previous full release but I seem to remember being puzzled by the default folder choice when trying out some of the recent beta releases.

Ray
Ray Bell

Postby Ray Bell » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:18 pm

A little further information on my experience with this minor issue.

The default folder when opening files seems to be the one I last saved to before exiting Wave Corrector in the previous session. A normal 'save' or 'save and close' has no effect on the default folder.

So if I have a number of files in a single folder to process the easiest thing to do is process the first file and save it back into that folder, then exit Wave Corrector and re-start it.

Ray
Ray Bell

Postby Derek » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:34 am

Yes, thanks for that Ray. That ties it down nicely. I can see now where the problem lies Will fix it in the next release.
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Return to Support