Removing Cue Markers

Please post your support queries here.

Moderator: Derek

Removing Cue Markers

Postby rphatton » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:49 am

Inserting cue markers seems a great way to split tracks when playing back, particularly when tracks are continuous. However, I sometimes put these in the wrong place or insert too many. Can these be cleared or removed? (Probably very simple, but I'm new to Wave Corrector)
rphatton

Postby Ray Bell » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:56 pm

You're quite right, it is very simple and fairly intuitive like most things are with Wave Corrector.

Just select the unwanted cue marker in the corrections list (on the right hand side of the screen) then hit the delete key. OK the friendly warning message which asks if you really want to delete it and hey presto it's gone.

Ray Bell
Ray Bell

Postby rphatton » Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:31 pm

Many thanks.
Even easier than I had thought! I had tried right clicking over the correections list, but hadn't tried the del key.
rphatton

Cue Markers

Postby Holmwood » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:56 pm

I'm evaluating version 3.3r1, and am very impressed with the program.

However, I can't delete redundant cue markers and its annoying me. The previous post makes it sound so easy, what am I missing? With a cue marker in the middle of the main screen, selecting it in the correction list and pressing delete should always remove it, Right?

Can someone help me on this frustrating problem, please?
Holmwood

Postby Derek » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:13 am

Yes, you simply need to select the cue marker in the Correction List and press the delete key.

Occasionally, the program seems to generate orphan cue markers; ie ones that appear on the screen but not in the correction list. In this case, you cannot delete them but they have no effect on the wave file and therefore you can ignore them.

If you have cue markers in your correction list that you cannot delete, please get back to me as this would need investigating.
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Removing Cue Markers

Postby Holmwood » Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:30 pm

Thank you for your reply.

Removing Cue Markers is definitely a problem on my computer.

I have just recorded a new piece of music. One and half songs.

Wave Corrector has correctly identified the start and end positions of both songs. It then ran the hiss filter for first two minutes (demo copy).

During play, I entered five cue markers using Tab key. They all appear in the correction list and each can be selected with the left mouse key. Each cue markers appearing in the main window when selected.

The 'Delete' key does not do anything.

'Delete' key works normally in other programs.

Computer is running Windows XP. Sound is recorded through a Creative Audigy card.
Holmwood

Postby Derek » Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:01 am

Ah, the mists clear!

You are quite right. You cannot delete cue markers after you've applied the hiss filter (or any other digital filter). I'm sorry to have misled you.

The reason for this is that cue markers are treated internally as 'dummy' click corrections. Cue markers are therefore subject to the restriction that you cannot delete click corrections after filtering.

There is no technical reason for this restriction on deleting cue markers. It is purely an oversight on my part. I'll fix it in the next release.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Removing Cue Markers

Postby Holmwood » Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:03 pm

Yes, that was the problem.

Pleased that that one has been solved. Thanks.
Holmwood

Return to Support