Wave Correction of CDRs made from LPs

Please post your support queries here.

Moderator: Derek

Wave Correction of CDRs made from LPs

Postby J. Robert Bragonier » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:57 pm

This must be a common question, but I haven't found the answer in the tutorial, help section, or the FAQs:

Before getting Wave Corrector, I had already burned some CDRs of LPs with pops that need correction (my turntable is upstairs; my computer, downstairs). How do I use the Wave Corrector recorder to burn the CDR to the hard drive, so that I will have a loaded wave file of that CDR for Wave Corrector to process?

Thanks in advance for your help with this question!

Bob
J. Robert Bragonier

Postby citguy » Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:03 am

Hi Bob. I haven't seen Derek on the forums since the holidays so I'll start. As I understand things, you can load any 'wave' file into WC with the 'open" command or 'icon' from any source on your computer. I am not sure if CDR records "wav." or not. Basically, choose open under 'file' and browse to find the file. You may have to save the CDR to your hard drive first as a wave file then open it from there. Interesting question.

Stan
citguy

Postby Derek » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:22 pm

As Stan has intimated, to process CD tracks you need to transfer them to your computer as wave files. This process is known as 'ripping'. Ripping creates a wave file image of a CD audio track.You cannot do this directly in Wave Corrector but nearly all CD burning programs are able to do this, eg Easy CD Creator, Nero, Feurio etc; alternatively, you can use a program called 'Exact Audio Copy' which is specifically designed for this. EAC has the advantage that it makes repeated read attempts if it encounters any erros on the CD. Hence it makes better ccpies than other software.

Having got the track copied to your computer, Wave Corrector will process it just like any other wave file.
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Postby J. Robert Bragonier » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:33 pm

Thanks very much to both of you, Stan and Derek. I ripped the CD to the hard drive in .wav form using Real Player, and that solved the problem; now I had a file to work with. Thanks again.
J. Robert Bragonier

Return to Support