Advise

Please post your support queries here.

Moderator: Derek

Advise

Postby Petlydecker » Tue May 09, 2006 2:13 pm

Hello,

I am trying to clean up some tracks that have been taken off of my cassette tape collection. The tracks are all very good quality. My question is, what settings within Wave Corrector should I use to take the hiss or backgroud noise away? When I burn the track onto the CD and listen to it there is a hiss within that 2 or 3 seconds before the track or music starts. When the music starts the background sound disappears. Is there a filter or setting I could use to lower or remove that sound? Any advise would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Peter
Petlydecker

Postby citguy » Tue May 09, 2006 3:30 pm

Hi Peter. I just did 'hudreds' of tapes and as we mentioned under another question subject, the profile, while taken automatically, can have sonic material that, if removed, will affect your sound quality. Check the location and content of the profile carefully, run both 4 second and 20 second (I believe) tests to sample the effect. Hiss at lead in only can be eliminated using "the fade in" settings under tracks. I have my defaults set for 1 second presilence, 1 second fade in, 1 second fade out, 1 minute post silence. Any or all of these settings can be reset for the individual track or the entire file. It is difficult to advise someone, what settings are best for their particular recordings.
Stan
citguy

Return to Support