Fade Out?

Please post your support queries here.

Moderator: Derek

Fade Out?

Postby Petlydecker » Sun May 28, 2006 10:37 pm

Hello,

I am hoping someone can lead me to a similar thread on this topic or advise me how to fade a track out? I would like to slowly fade the end of a very old vinyl recording I have. I tried searching the forums and also tried within the Wave Corrector program but I just cannot figure out how to do it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Peter
Petlydecker

Postby citguy » Mon May 29, 2006 3:59 pm

Hi Peter. You can set pre silence, post silence, fade in and fade out from the track properties menu. Check the 'help file' for more specifics. I am not sure what the limits are for a long fade. You can change settings by 'editing' the properties for each individual track or leave you settings as 'default' to apply to all of your tracks so in the future all you have to do is highlight all the tracks and choose 'timings'.
Stan
citguy

Postby Derek » Tue May 30, 2006 8:46 am

You can also set a fade out directly in the track boundary view window. You do this by dragging with the mouse in the area at the top of the window. This produces a yellow triangle that represents the fade out period. See the help file under Managing Tracks/Adjusting and Auditioning Track Boundaries.
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Thank you!

Postby Petlydecker » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:31 pm

Thanks for your help. I came accross a freeware program that is easy to use to fade in, fade out, and silence tracks. I thought maybe someone like myself could try it or use it if they want. This is the link www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=d ... 8173140A56
It is a small executable file no install.

Thanks!
Petlydecker

Return to Support