Equalizer Question

Please post your support queries here.

Moderator: Derek

Equalizer Question

Postby Petlydecker » Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:55 pm

Hello,

Would it be possible for filters (i don't know what other term I could use) to be made by other people (advanced users) to set the graphic equalizer to certain settings? As an example, a filter set to decrease or increase the bass level of a song. I have been playing around with the graphic equalizer but I don't think I have the knowledge to take full advantage of this unique option. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Peter
Petlydecker

Postby Glenn » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:22 am

Hi Peter;
I once asked Derek if he could include a time-averaged spectrum analysis in the autoscan options that would be somewhat helpful in determining the correct frequencies to adjust. Given the weak demand for something like this I believe he has not considered it. It probably is much more difficult to implement than I would have imagined anyway. At present I use the analyzer in DC Art Millenium to do this in real-time. It may be possible to use the free demo to perform the analysis and save a screen dump of the results for visual comparison, by overlaying the curves in photo software, with the results for an "ideal" recording. The musical styles used for comparison would have to be quite similar for good results, but at least then you could "see" which frequencies need to be equalized. It's a bit of work, and it's not perfect, but the results are better than guessing.
Glenn
Glenn

Postby Petlydecker » Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:49 am

Thanks for your reply. The DC Art Millenium program sounds nice but it is almost the same as Wave Corrector. The only difference I can see is the graphic equalizer with filters that can be created by it's users and shared. Also, something called punch and cruch but I think that is related to the equalizer functions. I might think about it but school is kind of important right now. Thanks for your help.
Petlydecker

Postby Derek » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:19 am

Unfortunately, there is no way for users to share filters at present because they are stored in the windows registry. It would be fairly easy to provide an import nad export function that would allow users to share filters. I'll consider ncluding this in the next release.
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Return to Support