Page 1 of 1

New version 3.3 on 98SE

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:53 am
by Karel Bilek
I install new 'Profesional' version over earlier 3.1r1 and all was functioning fine for about 15 minutes. Then the screen become confused and most controls stopped responding. 'Session save' still worked so it was no total loss. On restoring session it worked again for some time, then the same happened. Re-booting computer did not solved the problem so finally I installed older version back and at least that is running OK.
Anybody has the same experience or am I alone in it?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:59 am
by citguy
I had a similar experience with the Beta version. I also had to reboot my computer. I am running a freeware program called "fast defrag" which allows me to monitor the ram available and restore all unneeded ram on command. After doing some WC processing there is almost none of my 512 ram left. This may or may not be part of the problem. Have not experienced any problems with the final release.
Stan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:09 am
by Derek
Thanks for reporting this.

I'm fairly sure this problem is caused by a resource leak and it looks as though it is tied up with the drawing of the time scale at the bottom of the main window. I think the problem will only affect Win 98 and ME users. Can you confirm Karel, that you are running such a system.

If I'm correct, you can avoid the problem by turning off the scale via the View menu. Can you try this please. (It will mean re-installing v3.3).

If my diagnosis is correct, it should be fairly easy to get out a patch.

Thanks again.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:25 am
by Derek
I've now discovered that there definitely is a resource leak caused by the drawing of the time scale. I've now patched this and pending its offical release you can download the patched version here: http://www.wavecor.co.uk/wc33r1.zip

I'd be grateful if you's let me know if this fixes the problem.

New version 3.3 on 98SE

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:09 pm
by Karel Bilek
Thanks Derek,

after installing revised .exe file the problem disappeared.