superscan vs. filters

Please post your support queries here.

Moderator: Derek

superscan vs. filters

Postby uncletodd » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:47 pm

Hello all or anybody
I'm running 3.3r1
I've run into a couple of quirky things and it may be of my own doing but here goes--
1. I'm cleaning up some OTR files for the folks and in doing so found out that if I use the treble boost first, I can't get to the superscan click menu. Normally I autoscan clicks then superscan and that's OK, but I happened to put the filtering between the 2 and no superscan. I've seen previous posts and I'm guessing I should stay with the click option first then filter.
2. When playing a track from point zero and I hit stop, a green vertical line appears on the total track at the bottom of the screen. There is no marker on the right side--so--how do I eliminate it? It's a problem when I try to 'test' filtering say at the 17 minute mark but it reverts back to wherever the green marker is.
I'm sure these have simple solutions but I swear I'm getting dumber while on the back 9 of life.
Thanks
uncletodd

Re: superscan vs. filters

Postby Derek » Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:37 pm

uncletodd wrote:Hello all or anybody
I'm running 3.3r1
I've run into a couple of quirky things and it may be of my own doing but here goes--
1. I'm cleaning up some OTR files for the folks and in doing so found out that if I use the treble boost first, I can't get to the superscan click menu. Normally I autoscan clicks then superscan and that's OK, but I happened to put the filtering between the 2 and no superscan. I've seen previous posts and I'm guessing I should stay with the click option first then filter.

Yes, that's correct. You must finish all click corrections before using any of the digital filters.

Note, there is a Remove Filtering command on the Waveform menu. You can use this to remove filtering; run the superscan and then re-apply the filtering.

2. When playing a track from point zero and I hit stop, a green vertical line appears on the total track at the bottom of the screen. There is no marker on the right side--so--how do I eliminate it? It's a problem when I try to 'test' filtering say at the 17 minute mark but it reverts back to wherever the green marker is.
I'm sure these have simple solutions but I swear I'm getting dumber while on the back 9 of life.
Thanks

The green line is a marker to show the point where you stopped playback. When you use the command 'play from cursor', playback resumes from that point.

When you test a filter, the filter is applied for 4 seconds (or 20 seconds) centred on the current position of the main window. So before setting your filter, you should centre the main window on the section you want to test the filter on.

The green marker shouldn't affect where the test filter gets applied. It's probably just coincidence that the marker happens to be on or near the centre of the main window.
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Return to Support