cd problem

Please post your support queries here.

Moderator: Derek

cd problem

Postby chrislowe » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:41 pm

When I record to cd using Nero v6 there are a couple of options, Disk at Once or Track at Once. I'm not sure which I need to use. I tried both options but there was another problem in that at the end of each track the sound seemed to end rather abruptly giving the impression of a sharp cutoff. I left in the option for the 2 second silence Nero puts in automatically. Is there a way to end a track with a more smooth finish, or is there something I should be doing in Wave Corrector? When I playback the recording in Wave Corrector there doesn't seem to be the sharp cutoff of the cd at end of track.
Thanks,
Chris Lowe
chrislowe

Postby Ray Bell » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:06 pm

Chris

I use Nero 5 and always remove the 2 second pauses it tries to insert between tracks by default. This leaves the CD track breaks the same as on the original LP and (I think) even allows you to have breaks seamlessly between tracks separated by applause in a live performance.

I suspect the problem you are finding is that Wave Corrector inserts its automatic track break in roughly the middle of the quiet region between tracks but not necessarily in complete silence. It can't require complete silence to recognise a break because there is always some residual noise with vinyl. So the break may come just before the end of a fade out and Nero will then insert a 2 second break which gives the unnatural effect you hear.

With Nero 5 it seems to be necessary to leave the 2 second pause on the first track you burn but you can remove it from all the others by selecting the group with a click on the second track and shift click on the last then changing the track properties. Nero 6 is probably similar.

Hope this helps

Ray
Ray Bell

Postby chrislowe » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:48 pm

Thanks for that, Ray, will give it a try
chrislowe

Return to Support