invalid argument returns

Please post your support queries here.

Moderator: Derek

invalid argument returns

Postby citguy » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:06 am

Hi Derek. I was doing an old cassette for a relative with spoken material and quit a bit of hiss and noise from a portable cassette recorder circa 1977. When I tried to 'create a new profile' then 'test' I got the 'invalid argument' message. I am now using XP and haven't seen this for a long time. When I continued and applied the filter I lost all recorded material. I did manage an end result by reducing the hiss filter from the default to a lesser level. Any ideas?
Stan
citguy

Postby Derek » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:04 am

Hi Stan

Sorry about the problem.

The only possibility I can think of is that you were creating a noise profile across a cut & splice section; ie that there was a cut between the start of the profile and the end. The program assumes that the profile is contiguous and I'm not sure what it does if this is not the case. This is an area I need to tighten up in the next release. Is that a possible cause of the problem?

If this is not the cause, you will need to try get the problem to recur repeatedly. I will then have a chance of tracking it down.

all the best
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Postby citguy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:15 pm

Thanks Derek. I did take a profile from the tail of the recording where I had done some "cut and splice'. Didn't think I included a splice (only used about .2 seconds) but it is possible. Hopefully the issue won't come up again but thought you should be aware of the possibility.
Stan
citguy

Return to Support