No Gaps and Normalization

Please post your support queries here.

Moderator: Derek

No Gaps and Normalization

Postby Gene » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:41 pm

Hello to all...
When using WC, I usually use disc-at-once, no gaps...then when I burn the disc in Nero I use disc-at-once, no gaps, and normalize...none of this works! The cuts are NOT normalized, and the gaps with all the clicks and static are still there. Doesn't WC address all the noise on the lead-in of a 45 rpm record?
You all have a Great Day!
Gene
Gene

Postby citguy » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:00 pm

Hi Gene. WC does not automatically address noise. You either haver to use filters (which often can remove program content) or reduce your track boundries to 1 second then use track properties to do a 1 second fade in and a 1 second fade out. These can be preset then all you have to do is click the track and choose timings. I always add 1 second of silence before the fade in and after the fade out. This can also be preset.
Stan
citguy

Postby Derek » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:44 am

Hello Gene

It sounds as though you are mis-using the gapless mode (disc-at-once). Gapless mode is for recordings where there is no distinct silence between tracks (eg recordings of a live concert). With normal CD burning (track-at-once), the burner puts 2 seconds of silence between tracks); with disc-at-once the tracks play seamlessly from one to the next.

In you case, I think you want Wave Corrector to remove the inter-track gaps. In this case you should un-check gapless mode. This will allow you to move your track boundaries such that the gaps between tracks are discarded. This is explained in the track splitting tutorial.

Good luck.
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

NO GAPS AND NORMALIZATION

Postby Gene » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:04 pm

Many thanks to you both (maybe I should read more!!) I think that will take care of the lead-in noise and gaps. I know this is NOT a Nero forum, but any ideas on why normalization is not working.
Gene
Gene

Return to Support