Lame encoder

Please post your support queries here.

Moderator: Derek

Lame encoder

Postby jhaubrich » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:40 pm

This was probably the first time after upgrading to version 3.31, and
I noticed to my regret that saving as mp3, using the Lame-encoder, didn't
work any more.
It used to work fine, but now I only get mp3 files with file length 0 (zero).

Is there a change in WaveCorr - did I overlook something ?

Anyway, it would be nice if saving as mp3 would again work as it did before.

Jacques
jhaubrich
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:38 pm
Location: Eindhoven, The Netherlands

Postby Derek » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:12 pm

Hello Jacques

Sorry about the problem.

Lame will definitely work with the latest version. However, it is configured slightly differently compared with previous versions.

First, click on External Encoders and check that yur lame.exe is listed there. If it isn't, click Add and navigate to your lame.exe file on your computer. This will add it to your encoder list and a default command line will automatically be filled in.

If you have done this and it is still not working, it may be that you are using an old version of lame that doesn't fully support the genre tag. In this case, modify the default command line by removing the text, --tg %G

If you continue to have problems, get back to me with details of the command line you are using.

regards
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:57 pm
Location: Coleshill, United Kingdom

Lame encoder present

Postby jhaubrich » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:15 pm

Derek,

Thanks very much for your almost immediate response!

The Lame encoder is'known' (exactly as it has always been
at D:\Program Files\Razor\Lame\lame.exe) and my encode command line
reads as follows:

%IN %OUT -b 196 --ta %A --tt %T --tn %N --tl %L --tg %G --add-id3v2

(which is also the same as it has successfully been for years (except
for the number 196 which is changed depending on the music that is
to be encoded).
After pressing final save button, Wave Corrector starts working and
there is a growing line of small blue squares; then the lame window pops up
and disappears almost immediately. In the lower right corner of Wavecor
appears the text Ready to Save and an empty mp3 appears to be on the
hard disc.

Jacques
jhaubrich
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:38 pm
Location: Eindhoven, The Netherlands

Postby Derek » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:49 pm

Yes, it's the -b 196 that is causing the problem. The -b parameter has to be one of the following: 32,40,48,56,64,80,96,112,128,160,192,224,256,320

If I change it to -b 192 then lame saves the file OK.

all the best
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:57 pm
Location: Coleshill, United Kingdom

Postby jhaubrich » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:26 am

Thanks Derek and shame on me <-((
jhaubrich
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:38 pm
Location: Eindhoven, The Netherlands

Lame versions

Postby KeithR » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:19 am

Derek wrote:Lame will definitely work with the latest version. However, it is configured slightly differently compared with previous versions.

First, click on External Encoders and check that yur lame.exe is listed there.


Reading the above prompted me to see if I could upgrade my Lame version, which I could from 3.96.1 to 3.97.

Problem is WaveCor seems to want to keep using the old version. The 3.96 version was installed at "D:\stuff\lame"; the new version at "D:\stuff\lame3.97".

In WaveCor (3.4 Prof using an old SES session) I went to "File|ExternalEncoders" and removed the old version and listed the new version. But it still ran the old version when I ran a save. I renamed the old .exe and then I get a error message "Windows can't find D:\stuff\lame\lame.exe".

I guess the simpilest solution is just to drop the new .exe and .dll in the old directory but I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong in Wave Cor.

Thanks
KeithR
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:16 pm

Postby Derek » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:47 am

Ah, thanks for the report. It looks like you've discovered another little bug.

To activate the new encoder, you need to re-select lame in the Save window; in other words when you save, momentarily select another file type (eg ogg) and then re-select lame/mp3. This forces the program to locate the lame.exe using the External Encoders setting rather than use the location it 'remembers' from the previous session.

I'll fix this in the next release.
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:57 pm
Location: Coleshill, United Kingdom


Return to Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron