Newbie seeks help ~ day 1

Please post your support queries here.

Moderator: Derek

Newbie seeks help ~ day 1

Postby cfmiT » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:42 pm

Hi Derek, I am just about to start on a project for my good lady who asked me, just this morning, could I copy some of her LPs to CD?

So, I intend to purchase the professional model for £30 through my Paypal account.

Could you provide me with a checklist of all the hard/software items that I will require to do the job :?: .
I have an old Creative SBO-100 Live! 5.1 but the driver/audio HQ suite that is on Creative's website won't fire up at all ~ I run a pretty high spec PC with Windows XP with all updates and service packs 1 and 2, plenty of RAM and space on my C: drive I have 9GB free space out of 40GB. Have you any preferences in the sound card area :?: ~ I just want decent quality music.

Thanks in anticipation

Charles
cfmiT

Postby Glenn » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:51 pm

Hi Charles, welcome to the group.

If you're looking for decent quality sound, start by making sure your deck is in top shape. The magic begins where the diamond meets the groove. No soundcard can fix poor playback.

Have fun,

Glenn
Glenn

Postby Derek » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:07 pm

Hello Charles

Yes, Glenn's advice is spot on. I'm not familiar with your particular Soundblaster card but it should be more than adequate for the job. You don't need any of the Creative software and the drivers for it should be built-in to XP.

There's a Getting Started guide on the website under Tutorials and this will show you what you need and how to connect it up.

If you really want to get a hi-fi quality soundcard, the M-Audio Audiophile 2496 seems to be highly recommended and a number of Wave Corrector users, including myself, use it.

Good luck with your project.
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Return to Support