WC cancels on Save Session

Please post your support queries here.

Moderator: Derek

WC cancels on Save Session

Postby renowden » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:00 am

I have a strange condition that has not happened before. As I go through making corrections I regularly hit "Save Session" even though I have "Auto Save" on. On this particular file, and part way through editing a track it kills the program dead. I thought it may be a glitch with the Pre-Beta which I was using but I reloaded the session into the prod version and that is the same. The only other difference I can see is that, for a change, I started editing the last track first.

Any suggestions? I can get around it as I have done all the editing I need on that track and saved the results. I can start again for the remaining tracks.
Cheers,

Rick Parsons

Bristol, England
renowden

Postby Derek » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:23 pm

Were you editing the file with the faulty header? Or was it a regular file?

I'm not aware of any problem that would cause this. And I don't fully understand your description of how the problem manifests itself. Does the program lock up when you do a 'Save Session', or does it lock up some time after the save session?

When you restore the session, does the program lock up immediately, or some time later?

If you could describe the problem in a little more detail, it will help in tracking down the cause.

all the best
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Postby renowden » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:09 pm

Sorry for not being clearer - also I think it may have been a false alarm as, having rebooted my PC it no longer does it. Other things stopped working as well later.

If it happens again I will post again but while I remember - it was not a file with a faulty header. The symptoms were selecting "Save Session" the program just closed (window vanished) without any warning. No asking for file name or anything. This was on the Pre-Beta and the Prod versions but the WAV and initial Session file were created on the Pre-Beta.

Anyway, as I said, it may have been a PC glitch because I can no longer repeat it, whereas it was repeatable before rebooting. :?
Cheers,

Rick Parsons

Bristol, England
renowden

Return to Support