Problem Saving

Please post your support queries here.

Moderator: Derek

Problem Saving

Postby renowden » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:49 am

Hi,

I have an edited and track marked file which refuses to save. The message I get is

! (Yellow triangle) The file C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Music\Julie Driscoll and Brian Auger\Open\01 In and Out.mp3 could not be saved.

ot very informative. It does this very quickly, as soon as the OK is hit.

It s not a free space problem as I have tried saving to a number of disks. It is not a machine problem as I have tried a couple (Mac under Crossover and a real PC). It is not a LAME problem as I have also tried WAV. I have given the fille path and file name but I can't see a problem with anything there. The track name doesn't contain anything odd (and I have tried changing it)

Any ideas. Later today I will try a different file.
Cheers,

Rick Parsons

Bristol, England
renowden

Postby renowden » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:31 am

While taking a bath I thought of a few ideas. I have cracked it but there is still a buggette in the program which could be fixed next time around.

There was a space after the ARTIST name so it was actually trying to save

...\Julie Driscoll and Brian Auger \Open\01 In and Out.mp3

Some how it managed to create the artist folder but failed when trying to create the album one below that.

Some sanity checks are required on the input - anything that can (or is?) used in a file name.
Cheers,

Rick Parsons

Bristol, England
renowden

Postby Derek » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:19 pm

Hello Rick

Thanks for the report. Yes, it does sound like some extra checking is required. I'll put this on the todo list for the next version.

all the best
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Return to Support