Filter with Cut/Splice

Please post your support queries here.

Moderator: Derek

Filter with Cut/Splice

Postby renowden » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:12 am

I don't know if anyone has noticed this before but some filters (I think Hiss and Hum) create an anomaly around Cut/Splice locations.

What I do generally is to de-click first, sometimes requiring small chuncks to be removed with Cut/Splice. At the end of the session I apply filters if required. I noticed on a discerning piece that was very crackly that an audible glitch was created BY THE FILTER at each end of a cut/splice block. The fix was to remove and replace the cut after the filter had been applied.
Cheers,

Rick Parsons

Bristol, England
renowden

Postby Derek » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:46 am

Yes, thanks for pointing this out. I'll try to fix this in the next release. It will probably involve automating what you are currently doing manually; ie undoing all the cuts and re-applying them.

all the best
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Postby bmbguy » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:42 pm

I see that this is an old question, but I was doing some messing around with filters today with the new 3.7 version (don't ask why...), and found that the high-pass filter I constructed still seemed to have some noticeable glitches around cut/splice areas.

Not a big deal. Fairly easy to get around by saving the corrected WAV file first, then reloading that new file for processing (maybe at correction level 0) and adding the filter.

Randy
bmbguy

Postby Derek » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:23 am

Yes, I'm sorry about that. I forgot to fix this so it will have to wait until next time.

Sorry again.
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Postby bmbguy » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:33 pm

I'm not sure it's a real pressing issue Derek. In my opinion, it could be kept pretty darned low on your priority list, especially if it involves a great deal of work to 'fix' it.
bmbguy

Return to Support