"Program not responding error" on block operation

Please post your support queries here.

Moderator: Derek

"Program not responding error" on block operation

Postby paultaiwan2003 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:30 am

When I try to perform a re-scan on a block (the block is one track of less than 3 minutes), my computer hangs and tell me the program is not responding and needs to terminate.

The purpose of the re-scan is to increase the detection from 3 to 5 on the block. It hangs as soon as the message appears that it is removing old corrections.

I have 1 Gb of physical memory.
paultaiwan2003

Postby Derek » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:00 pm

Hello

I think this is probably because you didn't wait long enough for the rescan to complete. The rescan process is quite intensive because all the previous corrections have to be removed; and after the new corrections are created, the correction list has to be re-sorted to insert them all in the right place. Unfortunately, while this is happening, there is no feedback apart from the hourglass.

Please can you try this again and give it a few minutes to complete. Then get back to me if you still have the problem.

best regards and happy new year!
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Postby paultaiwan2003 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:48 pm

Thanks, that seems to be correct. I just didn't expect that it would take more than 5 minutes.

I guess I suspected that the system hung because the Windows task bar wouldn't pop up when I moved the cursor to the bottom of the screen. Then when I clicked on cancel, nothing happened except the appearance of the hourglass.

Perhaps it would be helpful to have some indication of activity or progress.

Thanks again.
paultaiwan2003

Return to Support