Over correction

Please post your support queries here.

Moderator: Derek

Over correction

Postby jamesmccosh » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:52 pm

I can't find another post on this topic, so here goes.

I always listen with earphones to a corrected file looking for missed clicks and corrections that need attention. The ones that most need improvement are those which have over corrected and cause an effect like a tape drop-out. All such a correction usually needs is to contract its width a tad. Occasionally the effect seems to be caused by inaccurate placement and deleting it and re-inserting at the apex of the click sorts it out.

On many discs the most time spent is dealing with over corrected clicks. Is there an adjustment I can make to reduce the occurrence of them?
jamesmccosh

Postby Derek » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:12 pm

Hello James

If you look in Auto-Scan Options and click the Advanced button, you can set the Correction Width to Narrow. This should overcome the problem, although you may end up with a similar number of under-corrected clicks. :(

It's difficult for the program to estimate the severity of every click - hence the problem.

Good Luck
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Over correction

Postby jamesmccosh » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:59 am

Many thanks, Derek.

Despite any deficiencies, Wave Corrector is the only program to use for seriously cleaning up recordings from LPs. I have tried several, including industry leading and expensive applications. They all suffer from clumsiness in getting around the file and pin-pointing errors.

I am steadily making my way through my collection of 200+ LPs and the results have been outstanding. It is just a matter of patience to bring an LP up to near pristine condition. However, unless one is retired, like me, and don't have a price to put on the time spent it's not cost effective!

Thank you for providing the tool to bring my collection alive again.

Regards
James
jamesmccosh

Postby Glenn » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:01 pm

Derek wrote:Hello James

If you look in Auto-Scan Options and click the Advanced button, you can set the Correction Width to Narrow. This should overcome the problem, although you may end up with a similar number of under-corrected clicks. :(

It's difficult for the program to estimate the severity of every click - hence the problem.

Good Luck

Hi Derek, any chance of including an intermediary setting in your next build? :) On top of James' issue, I've noticed that when removing hf hash marks by block superscanning at level 4 or 5, the wide correction obliterates the wave form while the narrow setting seems to make little difference. In the end one has correct each micro-click manually, which is very time consuming, especially if the hash mark spans several grooves.

Glenn
Glenn

Return to Support