VHS Audio

Please post your support queries here.

Moderator: Derek

VHS Audio

Postby paultaiwan2003 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:53 pm

I used Ulead's VideoStudio 10 to separate the audio and video of a VHS tape and then saved the audio as a WAV file.

Surprisingly, when I was reviewing it in Wave Corrector, I noticed many apparent clicks. No amount of scanning at any level removed them. As I tried to locate them, I could find no apparent visual clue as to their location in Wave Form view. What I did finally notice was that unlike the "spike" you see for a click recorded from an LP, these clicks were identifiable by a nearly flat line. I suspect what's causing the "click" is actually an absence of signal created during processing of the WAV file. If I cut and splice the flat area, the "click" is gone.

Locating all of these will be a very time-consuming process. Is there any way I could automate the process or at least speed it up?
paultaiwan2003

Postby Derek » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:23 pm

Unfortunately no, there's no mechanism to detect these glitches. You'll just have to find them manually as you have been doing.

It's worth investigating why they are occurring as you may be able to remove them at source.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Return to Support