Merge Open

Please post your support queries here.

Moderator: Derek

Merge Open

Postby renowden » Sun May 10, 2009 5:47 pm

I am having a bit of a problem with this. I have a CD which was originally recorded direct to disc from vinyl. I am now trying to de-click it. What I have done is rip it using Windows Media Player 11 to WAV format and am trying to use Merge Open in WC to concatenate them before working on it as a full album. However every time I try I get

"Incorrect Wave File Format or sample rates do not match. Only 16 bit stereo/44.1kHz or 14kHz Sample rate supported"

I can read in each file separately but if I do that then I can't match the overall volume nor move the track breaks.

Any idea what could be wrong?
Cheers,

Rick Parsons

Bristol, England
renowden

Postby Glenn » Wed May 13, 2009 2:02 am

Hi Rick,

Use Exact Audio Copy. Under 'Actions' select 'Copy Range>Uncompressed'. This will copy the disc as a single wav file.

EAC is a much better ripper anyway. Takes a bit of work to set it up if you don't already have it, but I'm sure you can handle it. :wink:

Things have sure been quiet around here lately. I've been building a list - just some ideas that cropped up while working with WC that adds up to a wishlist. I wonder when would be a good time to spring it on Derek? :lol:

Cheers,

Glenn
Glenn

Postby renowden » Wed May 13, 2009 10:02 am

Ah, drat. I'm a Mac user you see and I had to borrow a PC to do the rip (WC runs under CrossOver).

I have found a solution though - By reading each WAV into Audacity and exporting them again, they can now be read ok by WC. I seem to remember a similar issue with damaged WAVs fixed this way before WC coped with them.
Cheers,

Rick Parsons

Bristol, England
renowden

Return to Support