back to using Wavecor but with same problem

Please post your support queries here.

Moderator: Derek

back to using Wavecor but with same problem

Postby lltunes » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:33 am

I purchased Wavecor 3.0 back in 2005 I think At first I used it quite a bit for a variety of tasks. I especially liked how I could play my old records (45s and 78s) on a turn table and get music on my computer. That was marvelous. I copied almost all of my own cd’s to my computer and planned to make my own selections for burning cds.

First I want to comment on the fact that one SHOULD USE a proper audio/video card for this type of task. I did not have that luxury and just used the line-in on my computer and earphone outlet on my mini tape recorder. The sound is not perfect but pretty good for my untrained ear.

The biggest problem I had then was deleting the blank sections (no sound) and the beginning & end of the files and between each song. I tried several times but just could not figure it out. I was anxious to get on with my project so I took the easy way out..sad to say.
I ended up opening the wav file in Audacity (most of you have probably heard about this free software). OUCH mentioning the competition. Sorry. There I could clip off whatever I wanted very easily. But I never followed up to determine if the files sound was compromised. Does anyone know?

I now, of course, have the most recent version 3.5 and have begun working on my music again. And still the same problem with removing blank sections. I could not find in the newest manual I just downloaded where it specifically guides on to do this. I guess I will just have to work at this diligently for several hours until I get familiar with all the colours, patterns etc so I understand what they all mean. I don’t know when I am selecting something or now. I know when I mark something as see it in the list on the right side of screen.

For example: Like the black and white boxes...the yellow bar at the top....then when I scroll across the whole file of songs and go back to beginning again...the black and white boxes are gone replaced by solid grey.

Hmmmmmm.....and away I go to work and play with my wavecor. I am trying real hard NOT to open the files in Audacity and do my clipping. Since I paid for Wavecor...I should make it work. I know it can be done just can’t figure it out for the life of me.
lltunes

Postby Derek » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:38 pm

Hello

It's very easy to trim the silence from the beginning and end of tracks. Use the 'black arrow' toolbar buttons to quickly navigate to the 'track boundary' you want to change. For example, click the left arrow one or more times to go the the 'start of track 1' marker. Move the mouse pointer to the middle of the screen and you'll see the mouse pointer change to east-west arrows. Hold down the left mouse button and drag the boundary to where you want it to be. Then click 'Apply' to confirm the move. That's all you need to do. When you save the track, it will start at the exact point you set it to.

There's a tutorial on the website, with short sample file that you can download to practice this and other techniques. See:

http://www.wavecor.co.uk/tutorials/tracksplit.html

good luck
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

track splitting

Postby lltunes » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:02 pm

derek
many thanks. i just knew there was a way...i have printed off the whole tutorial and will play with it. hopefully all will fall into place in my pea brain.
lltunes

Postby lltunes » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:18 am

Derek...
Excellent Help!!!
I was doing the correct thing to trim the silence but I wasn’t following thru with completion…so when I saved the file and opened it again…the silence section was still there. That is why I thought I was doing something wrong.

Going thru the tutorial helped me tremendously. I understand so much more now about where I am and what each window is called and what it represents. AND I am tickled pink that I can name the files at the same time. Using this software is going to be such fun now that I understand so much more.
lltunes

Return to Support