audio from dvd movie

Please post your support queries here.

Moderator: Derek

audio from dvd movie

Postby lltunes » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:08 pm

is it possible to play a dvd movie in my dvd rom and use wave cor to record the music.
lltunes

Postby citguy » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:30 pm

Yes. I can use WC to record anything that is generated from within my computer or from without. Interestingly enough, WC uses fewer computer resources while recording than some of the slick little sound recorders/editors showing up on the internet. The downside is that the WC file will be comparatively large compared to an MP3.
Stan
citguy

Postby lltunes » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:23 am

hi stan
can you give me a little more insight on how to do this?

i figured....i would put the dvd in my dvd rom to play. then open WC.
start the dvd playing and click record in WC.

you save the WC file is rather large...will it still be the default .wav?

is that just about all there is? or do i need to do something else?
lltunes

Postby citguy » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:55 am

I'm not as expert on this stuff as others in the group. First, I would generate some audio from within your computer (cd, dvd, mp3, etc) and open WC then click the red record button, name the file "test" or something like that. Make sure you know where WC is going to save your wave file, then choose "save". WC will open the recording interface with the db meters. If you do not see any activity on the meters, you may need to tell WC where to find the signal (paths). If all is well, you will see activity on the db meters and then if you choose "record" you will produce a wave file.
Stan
citguy

Postby lltunes » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:30 pm

stan
sound pretty good. will have to give it a try.
for now i have copied dvd's fob etc files to my hard drive...then will need to convert from fob to wav..if that is possible....then i can open with wc and make my edits.

but will try your option too for my next dvd .....
thanks for the info
lltunes

Postby citguy » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:56 pm

for now i have copied dvd's fob etc files to my hard drive...then will need to convert from fob to wav..if that is possible..

If you can play the files you have copied, WC will convert the sound to a Wav file if the audio signal shows up on the meters.
Stan
citguy

Postby lltunes » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:31 pm

stan
thanks for your help. i have been doing some googling and found that using dvd decrypter can help me out too. i just happen to have a copy of it.

so now i have a few options to take. will try them all and see which is results in the best end product and least time consuming.
lltunes

Postby citguy » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:50 pm

thanks for your help. i have been doing some googling and found that using dvd decrypter can help me out too

I thought you were just trying to get the audio. Just playing the DVD should allow you to record the audio. If you are trying to make "backup" copies of the DVD, download an evaluation copy of "DVD FAB". It will allow you to rip dvds with out purchasing. All other features will be disabled. Also, "DVD shrink 3.2" will allow you to resize the dvd to size that will fit on a regular dvd. DVD decrypter is good but won't do some of the newer dvds. DVD Fab will also allow you to rip only the movie and not waste space with the other junk
Stan
citguy

Postby lltunes » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:04 pm

stan..
yes but thought i could copy dvd to my hd...access the fob files....convert them into wav and open with wc.

just another method i am trying.

thanks, tho...you are right on top of this topic.
lltunes

Postby lltunes » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:49 pm

stan
i am so pleased!!

put dvd into rom to play. opened WC. started dvd playing hit record on wc and it worked great. sound is pretty good too. the whole file was only about 848 mg...so that is not so bad.

the only thing is that because there were not pauses in between the songs on dvd...wc interpreted only 2 tracks. but i know how to go into them and bring out each song.

this was so easy...i will not even attempt to try the other methods.

so pleased with wc software!!! it almost always delivers!

thanks for your guidance.
lltunes

Return to Support