WILL NOT SAVE WORK

Please post your support queries here.

Moderator: Derek

WILL NOT SAVE WORK

Postby clh » Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:14 pm

DEREK:
WHY can I not get my work saved!!!! I've done all of the save commands and every single time my corrections are deleted. I have redone tracks dozens of times and every time the same thing happens. Please do not refer me to the help menu which I have printed out and read so many times I've memorized it.

BOTTOM LINE - my corrections are NOT being saved and I am wasting my time here. WHAT COULD I POSSIBLY BE DOING WRONG?????

Also - using Windows Media player or Roxio Jukebox to attempt to burn CDs processed by your program has failed. All files were saved in WAV. form which is compatible with my burning programs.

Help please.
clh
clh

Postby Derek » Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:06 pm

It's difficult to say what you are doing wrong without a little more information.

What makes you think your corrections are being deleted. It's not really possible for the program to save files without applying corrections. If you play the saved wave files, do they sound different compared to when you audition them from within Wave Corrector? Or is there some other reason why you think the corrections are being deleted?

The only possibility I can think of is that you have tried to cut out a very large click but that you haven't applied the 'cut & splice' command properly. That particular command is a little confusing for new users.

You may be misunderstanding the purpose of the Correction List. This is a list of corrections that the program makes to a wave file. If you save a corrected wave and then load it back into Wave Corrector, then the Correction List will be different because a lot of corrections will already have been applied to the wave. But again, without a little more information, it's difficult to know if this is the cause of your confusion.

Regarding the burning of CD's, you say the process failed but what error message did the burning program produce. There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to burn audio CD's using the wave files produced by Wave Corrector. Have you successfully burned audio CD's from any other audio files?

Please give me some more information and I'll try to help you further.
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Postby clh » Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:26 pm

Derek wrote:It's difficult to say what you are doing wrong without a little more information.

What makes you think your corrections are being deleted. It's not really possible for the program to save files without applying corrections. If you play the saved wave files, do they sound different compared to when you audition them from within Wave Corrector? Or is there some other reason why you think the corrections are being deleted?

The only possibility I can think of is that you have tried to cut out a very large click but that you haven't applied the 'cut & splice' command properly. That particular command is a little confusing for new users.

You may be misunderstanding the purpose of the Correction List. This is a list of corrections that the program makes to a wave file. If you save a corrected wave and then load it back into Wave Corrector, then the Correction List will be different because a lot of corrections will already have been applied to the wave. But again, without a little more information, it's difficult to know if this is the cause of your confusion.

Regarding the burning of CD's, you say the process failed but what error message did the burning program produce. There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to burn audio CD's using the wave files produced by Wave Corrector. Have you successfully burned audio CD's from any other audio files?

Holy mackeral
Do you really think I'd say my file corrections were being deleted if THEY WEREN'T ????
How ignorant of you to assume that your program is infallable and thank you for being to utterly insulting to a paying customer.
clh

Postby clh » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:17 pm

Derek wrote:It's difficult to say what you are doing wrong without a little more information.

What makes you think your corrections are being deleted. It's not really possible for the program to save files without applying corrections.

I wish that was true - for whatever reason - the files are NOT being saved in the corrected form. I do "save" and then name the file and then OK. It comes out sounding like the original - which is of no use.

If you play the saved wave files, do they sound different compared to when you audition them from within Wave Corrector?

The saved files sound like the original when reopened with Wave Corrector (and that's with all the functions turned off-in other words, I'm not "auto-scanning" them again and deleting previous corrections...or am I????? This is what I need you to explain) or with any other audio program I have. However, the auditioned files sound good and the corrections are apparent - duh...that is before I attempt to save them. They should be saved in the corrected forms, but even your "status" display is telling me that there are "no filters, no treble boost, no click corrections," and worst - the track boundaries are no longer there. It's like my work was never done.

Or is there some other reason why you think the corrections are being deleted?

Your guess is as good as mine.

I have never used the "cut & splice" and I do not feel I am "mis-understanding" the use of the correction list - like I said - when I have finished my corrections with a file it sounds good - MY PROBLEM IS THAT THE PROGRAM IS NOT SAVING THE WORK and I'd like to know how to make that possible ! I just want my finished files to sound like they did when I finished them and not to revert back to the original un-corrected form when I try to access them.

Regarding the burning of CD's, you say the process failed but what error message did the burning program produce.

No error message that had anything to do with your program - had to do with write speed which I had set at 1X. It suggested a slower write speed, but none exits slower than 1X. Haven't had that problem ever before.

There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to burn audio CD's using the wave files produced by Wave Corrector. Have you successfully burned audio CD's from any other audio files?

Only hundreds.

Please - I do not know why these files are not saving in their finished form. You really aggravated me with your first response which insinuated that I was a dumb ass. My university did not feel the same way and neither do I.

Computer stats:
Dell computer
Pentium 4
Windows XP
Windows Media - version 10.0
Roxio CD creator - free version

-clh

clh

Postby Derek » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:37 pm

Please accept my sincere apologies for upsetting you. I was just trying to understand the origin of the problem.

The program saves the corrected wave exactly as you see it via the user interface. If you audition the wave and it sounds OK, then the it is difficult to comprehend how the saved file could be any different. It's not a question of the program being infallible; of course it isn't; it's just that the corrections are applied during program operation; not when you save a file. Therefore, it doesn't seem possible that an uncorrected wave could be saved due to a program malfunction.

I'm wondering if you are loading back in the original file rather than the corrected version. When Wave Corrector saves a file, it doesn't overwrite the original wave, rather it generates and saves a corrected verson of it. How are you nameing your output files? By default, the program adds a suffis 'cor' to the file name and it adds two numerals to indicate a track number. Are you sure you are opening the saved file and not the original uncorrected file?

I'm sure we can get the bottom of the problem wutih a little more investigation.
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Postby citguy » Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:18 am

I had problems at one point saving corredted files but eventually figured out what I was doing wrong. When you finally discover it I'm sure it is a simple basic thing. Are you giving the program time to save each track and witness the same at the bottom of the screen with the progress meter? Are you sure you are saving the file to the directory you expect to find them in? Are you using the "save and close" command? You are not using "save session" are you? I know these are stupid questions but I bet it will be something very basic.
Stan
citguy

Return to Support