Wave Corrector with 64-bit Windows

Please post your support queries here.

Moderator: Derek

Wave Corrector with 64-bit Windows

Postby rwinterton » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:46 am

I bought Wave Corrector a long time ago and have used it very successfully. I recently bought a 64-bit Laptop running Windows Vista Home Premium 64. When I try to launch Wave Corrector, I get the following error message:

“A device ID has been used that is out of the range of your system”

I am using the latest version of Wave Corrector (3.5 Professional). I suspect that this is due to our using a 64-bit processor with the 64-bit operating system. This also occurs if we run it in the compatibility mode.

Any ideas how to get around this?
Rick
rwinterton

Postby Derek » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:39 pm

Hello Rick

Thanks for this report. I was not aware of this problem and I've had no other reports of it. However, I haven't tested Wave Corrector on a 64-bit Windows system so I'll need to do some digging and get back to you.

regards
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Postby Derek » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:48 pm

Also, can you let me know the make and model of the laptop. It is also worth checking the sound drivers in the Vista Control Panel to make sure they are all up to data and nothing is obviously awry.

all the best
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
Derek
Site Admin

Postby Derek » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:27 am

Hello again Rick

I've now been able to install a 64-bit version of Windows to check out this problem and in fact Wave Corrector ran OK so I think the problem must be specific to your laptop.

How did you install Wave Corrector. Did you do a clean install, or did you copy your programs and settings from your old computer. If the latter, I'd advise un-installing Wave Corrector and installing a new copy downloaded from our website. (I can re-send your key if you've lost it).

If this doesn't solve the problem, please get back to me.

regards
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
Derek
Site Admin

It was my machine

Postby rwinterton » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:06 pm

After you tested it, I found that after digging around on the computer I notice that I couldn't find any recording device GUI to adjust mixer settings. I next went to look for Master Volume Control (like in XP) to determine how the audio and recording settings were configured. It turns out that Vista disables the Stereo Mixer by default. After some searching I found an article on how to enable the Mixer (not obvious - right click in open area on volume properties window). So I found what I needed - enabled it - went back to Wave corrector and now the Device ID error is gone! I just didn't expect that feature to be disabled (you find that a lot in Vista for some reason).

Thanks for your efforts.
Rick
rwinterton

Postby William Urquhart » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:34 pm

I have Windows 7 and Realtec sound. In order to make things work I right clicked on the speaker icon in the taskbar and selected recording devices.
If stereo mix is not displayed, right click on one of the displayed devices and check disabled devices. That should bring up stereo mix.
Go to your control panel and select the Realtec HD audio manager.
Select the stereo mix box and make it the default device.
William Urquhart

Return to Support