Merge Open "features"?

Please post your support queries here.

Moderator: Derek

Merge Open "features"?

Postby deeor2 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:49 pm

Hasn't it been quiet around here? I guess when software is as good as this there isn't much cause for comment and everyone is just getting on with using it.

I have just done a clean install of Win XP on my sound processing PC and finally took the opportunity to upgrade WaveCor to 3.6r1 as well.

I think I mentioned this first problem before but can't find it in the forums. When I "Merge Open" and select and add two files, named side1 and side2, their order doesn't get sorted automatically but seems to depend on the order in which I selected them. It is a minor matter to move them on the Merge Files screen before hitting the "Merge" button, as long as you remember to check :-) If you miss it you have to discard the initial processing run as the side 2 tracks will be ahead of those from side 1.

The same screen has a tick box for "Delete After Merging" which worked perfectly in my earlier version but now seems to delete only one file, leaving the other extant.
I haven't investigated how it handles the merging of more than two files as all my LP's have only two sides :-) Again it is an easy matter to rectify but it would be nice if it did what it said on the tin.

Not sure if it could be relevant, but when I finish processing the wave files I use an external encoder to save everything as Flac files.

I'm wondering if this is a feature of my particular setup or something which happens on other systems?
deeor2

Postby Derek » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:31 pm

Hello

Yes, it looks like there is a bug in the merge procedure causing the original files to not always be deleted. I'll fix this next time.

The sort order is determined by the user when adding files to the merge window. It would be possible for the program to sort them alphabetically but I'm not sure how useful that would be in the general case.

Thanks for bringing the bug to my attention.
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Merge Open "features"

Postby deeor2 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:00 pm

Thanks Derek,
deeor2

Postby Derek » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:44 am

I'm doing a minor update later today (hopefully) that will fix this.

On the sort order, this quirk is a 'feature' of Windows. If you drag a group of files to the merge window, make sure the mouse pointer is hovering over the first file in the list when you start the drag operation. This will ensure the files end up in the right order.

Similarly, if you use the 'Add' button in the merge window to select your files, select the first file last. Again, this will ensure the correct sort order.

all the best
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Return to Support