88khz Operation

Please post your support queries here.

Moderator: Derek

88khz Operation

Postby Arnold » Mon May 17, 2010 7:26 pm

Hi Derek,
I haven't done anything with WC in probably a year now. But I decided it was time to clean up some of my collection recently. I tried recording the latest album using the 88khz setting. I don't know if it's my imagination or not, but it seemed like the clicks will visually just jump out at you now. I've worked through part of one side last evening. So far I'm happy. But I noticed a couple of things. When listening and hearing a click, if I hit the backspace key (so I can synchronize my finger to the click), it doesn't jump back as far as I remember, and I find myself rapidly beating on the backspace key. I suspect the code is jumping back x many samples rather than x milliseconds, correct? Second, when I do hit the Tab key to mark the spot, it seems the marked spot is further "down the road" from the click than I remember. Is this something that could be looked at when using the higher sample rates or am I missing something?

Thanks,
Arnold
Arnold

Postby Derek » Tue May 18, 2010 7:01 am

Hello Arnold

I've had a quick look at the code and you're correct about the backspace feature. It's jumping back a fixed number of samples; so at the higher sample rates, the jump back will be half as long as it should be. I'll fix this in the next release.

The TAB key, however does take account of the sample rate. It allows 250msec for your reaction time.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

good luck with your project.
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Postby Arnold » Tue May 18, 2010 2:15 pm

Thanks Derek. Re the tab key, I guess I'm just getting slower in my old age :)

Arnold
Arnold

Return to Support