merging edited tracks

Please post your support queries here.

Moderator: Derek

merging edited tracks

Postby citguy » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:06 am

Hi. It's been some time since I edited a large audio file. I recorded Opera North this weekend off of BBC (3 hours) and then proceeded to make each act a separate track. I set track boundaries then started to merge the tracks into one track. Much to my surprise, my final track included the material outside of my boundaries. I got around it by redoing the tracks and saving them, then joining them. I don't recall not being able to merge edited tracks. Is it my aging memory? What am I missing? I ended up leaving each act as a separate track. Probably better that way.
Stan
citguy

Postby Derek » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:43 am

Hi Stan

If I understand you correctly, this has always been how Wave Corrector works. When you use Merge Tracks, the program removes the associated track boundaries. This causes and any content between the end of one track and the start of the next track to be restored.

So to do what you want, you do need to save the individual tracks and then join them back together.

An alternative way to do this would be to use 'Cut and Splice' to cut out the unwanted content between the acts.

all the best
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Postby citguy » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:22 pm

Thanks Derek. I was right. It is my aging memory. I apparently used to "cut and splice" first. I know it is unusual to set track boundaries then change your mind and merge tracks.
Stan
citguy

Return to Support