Recording with ESI Juli@

Please post your support queries here.

Moderator: Derek

Recording with ESI Juli@

Postby Glenn » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:59 pm

Hello Derek. I've finally replaced my aging MAudio card but I'm unable to record with the new one via the s/pdif inputs as I did with the old one. I have the Record Volume Control listed as "JulaPAN.exe" (the mixer located in the windows/system32 folder) and have no issues with playback.

Can you help me with this?

Thanks,
Glenn
Black is beautiful!
Glenn

Postby Glenn » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:17 pm

Never mind Derek, I found the problem. Unlike the MAudio's control panel which is fully self contained, the Juli@'s streamlined interface needs help from the Windows Audio Devices control panel. By setting the Juli@ to record using channels 3&4 (spdif) instead of 1&2 (line in) fixed the problem.

Regards,
Glenn
Black is beautiful!
Glenn

Postby Glenn » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:01 pm

Hi Derek, I'm afraid I've messed things up somehow, and lost the recording utility in WC. I was having stability issues, I believe since I hadn't uninstalled the MAudio drivers properly, so I recovered the OS, this time removing the Delta control panel first before reinstalling the ESI Juli@ card drivers.

Guess what....the input options in the windows audio properties no longer shows the card's 4 inputs (as described above), showing only the card itself as a single unit - no options. ESI have what they call a "Direct Wire" applet built into the control panel that allows different programs to be linked to the card's ports (or something....I'm not clear on what it does, exactly). I tried connecting the spdif inputs (3&4) to MME 1&2 (and 3&4), but no luck.

Any ideas? Playback is fine...I just can't record with spdif in.

Regards,
Glenn
Black is beautiful!
Glenn

Postby Glenn » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:41 pm

Never mind, Derek, I got it working again. Had to install an updated driver, then hack the registry to remove the duplicate exe that was running in the system tray. I better not start having issues again...

Plug n play my a$$ :roll:

Hope this has been somewhat amusing....have a nice day! :)

Glenn
Black is beautiful!
Glenn

Return to Support