Timestamp Offset problem in Mono sound file

Please post your support queries here.

Moderator: Derek

Timestamp Offset problem in Mono sound file

Postby Patrick Wong » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:28 am

I am using the Wave Corrector Professinal Version 3.7 (R001). When I open a Mono sound file, I find that there is a offset in the timestamp of the correction. For example, the actual position of a click is at 00:00:581. However, it shows 00:00:604 if the file is a Mono sound file. As the sound file is also shown with the same offset, it seems fine. However, if I save the session and then restore the session again, all timestamps are no longer point to the correct positions. The problem is that the sound file is correctly loaded without adding the offset this time but there is the offset in the timestamp list. I lost all my editing in a session due to this issue.

There is no such problem in Stereo sound file. Now, I convert all the Mono sound files to Stereo (with both left and right channels are the same data) in order to avoid this probem.

Cheers,
Patrick
Patrick Wong
Patrick Wong

Postby Derek » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:27 pm

Hi Patrick

Thanks for reporting this and bringing it to my attention. This sounds like a definite bug and I'll try to fix it in a future release. Wave Corrector originally only handled stereo files and the addition of mono support was fairly recent and something of a kludge. So I'm not entirely surprised by your report.

At least you have a workaround.

I'll let you know of progress on the fix.
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Return to Support