Location of program files

Please post your support queries here.

Moderator: Derek

Location of program files

Postby brianclarke » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:35 am

Does the Wave Corrector program have to be installed on the same drive as the operating system? If so can the music files be located on a separate drive? I ask because I have an internal SSD drive that is intended for program files and another internal conventional drive for files. The SSD drive is getting overloaded because of the default locations, while the conventional drive is almost empty. If I can move this location, how do I do this in Windows 7 professional 64 bit?
brianclarke

Re: Location of program files

Postby Derek » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:03 pm

By default, Wave Corrector is installed in the 'Program Files' folder on your C: drive (presumably your SSD). When you install the program, the installer gives you the option to install to a different location if you wish. Or you could move the program file (called WaveCor.exe) to a different location after installation. The program will run from anywhere. The program file is quite small so I'd advise keeping to the default location if at all possible.

You can use your conventional drive to store all your music without problem. However, Wave Corrector makes a temporary copy of each file that it processes and by default, this will be on your C: drive. If you want to use your conventional drive for temp files, use the 'Paths' command on Wave Corrector's File menu and change it there.
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Return to Support