Recording Speed

Please post your support queries here.

Moderator: Derek

Recording Speed

Postby JLGray » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:40 pm

Why does my computer record at double speed from vinyl? First time I used Wave Corrector I found that I had to use the slider to 1/2 speed to playback and then I was not happy with the results either.

What am I doing wrong?
JLGray

Postby citguy » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:43 pm

You wouldn't have the 78 rpm conversion box checked would you?

Stan
citguy

Speed of recording

Postby JLGray » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:45 am

I just posted in the new to fourm page, I hope all who read here don't get annoyed, I just have to work this through.

No, I wandered arouind a bit and checked all that I could think of. The conversion is set a default, no conversion.
JLGray

Postby citguy » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:33 am

Jlgray wrote:[ I hope all who read here don't get annoyed}

Annoyed? No way. We are all "strangers in a strang land" and share most of the problems posted here. Some of us have solved them already but many of us still have problems we have not yet encountered.

Stan
citguy

Postby Derek » Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:43 am

It seems as though there may be a compatibility problem between Wave corrector and this Audigy card. I have had one other report of this but I've not had any follow-up. Unfortunately I do not have this card available to run any local tests.

Since the card is a high end 24-bit model, it may be you need to set some parameters for it to work correctly with Wave Corrector. Are there any set-up pages where, for example you can specify the bit-depth, sample rate or where you can specify that these are set by the application.

Also, if you use the Devices... command on the Wave Corrector File menu, what choices are there for 'Record Device'? If there is more than one, it is worth trying each in turn to see if this fixes the problem.

Please let us know how you get on as it may be helpful for other users.
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Source and Devices

Postby JLGray » Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:32 pm

[quote]Are there any set-up pages where, for example you can specify the bit-depth, sample rate or where you can specify that these are set by the application. [/quote]

Yes, I am getting closer. The default is 16 bit, should it be something else.?

In regard to devices I set that at Audigy 2ZS.

I think I am almost there, the format was wrong and I am guessing that it was set for MP3, so that may have something to do with the speed of playback/record. I have it set at :

WAV, Stereo, 44.1, 16 bit
Analog Mix (line in )
JLGray

Re: Source and Devices

Postby Derek » Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:47 pm

JLGray wrote: I have it set at :

WAV, Stereo, 44.1, 16 bit
Analog Mix (line in )

Yes, those settings are exactly correct. Do let me know if the problem persists even with these settings.
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Return to Support