Exporting via LAME - Was good, now damaged.

Please post your support queries here.

Moderator: Derek

Exporting via LAME - Was good, now damaged.

Postby Wayne R. » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:09 pm

I was exporting/saving my WC results as MP3's by exporting to LAME. It all worked well.

The house lost its commercial AC feed a couple of weeks ago, and the computer lost some settings, apparently; the M-Audio settings reverted back to the original sound board, for example. I've got everything working correctly (I think, but who knows?) again, but these exports.

A new LAME download & directory and a de-install/re-install of WC have not changed the results: After WC saves the WAV/MP3 intermediate file, the LAME-induced "command shell" or "DOS-window" (under XP Pro) pops up but closes too fast for me to tell why it doesn't do the encoding. (WAV & Ogg saves work correctly.)

I see no reason why this doesn't work, and the text in the window isn't there long enough to read it. I'd like to avoid a hard-core re-do of the machine. Ideas?
Wayne R.

Postby Derek » Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:57 pm

The most usual explanation for this is an incorrect command line. If Lame cannot make sense of the command line it will close immediately. Have you tried putting in a very simple command line, eg:

%IN %OUT -b 160

Let us know how you get on.
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Postby Wayne R. » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:34 am

It took a while to eliminate one by one the different tags passed through, but it finally came down to having the word "Alternative" as the genre in the "Track Properties" window. Maybe I had misspelled it, dunno. But I put another genre name in there and presto.

Thanks for the little kick. I hope it would've occurred to me sooner rather than later, but this way was faster!
Wayne R.

Return to Support