Default save folder

Please post your support queries here.

Moderator: Derek

Default save folder

Postby Glenn » Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:28 pm

Hi Derek;

I have a minor bug you might be interested in, though I don't know if this is a bug in wavcor or not; I have version 3.1r1 installed. Normally, the default output folder for saving files is usually the same as the origin file, but lately it has been listing an older, deleted folder. When clicking the 'Change' button the dialogue opens in the correct folder, but if saving the file in the described directory, wavcor re-creates it.
This has been going on for a while now, always the same directory. So I uninstalled and reinstalled the program and everything is fine now, but what caused this issue is unknown. It's possible the folder in question was deleted when the program was open; I often leave a session open all day, minimized to the taskbar when I'm doing something else. I've never had any other issue with wavcor as long as it's been installed so this is a puzzle. My pc is generally rock stable, and I have no issues with it; all my other programs seem to be working normally.
Have you heard of any other occurrances of a similar nature?

Thanks,
Glenn
Glenn

Postby Derek » Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:42 pm

Wave Corrector allows the default output path to be either the input file path or a specified folder. You select which of these options you want via the Paths... command on the File menu. It may be that you've accidentally selected the second option in which case the program will create the folder specified in the dialogue

If you think this is not the explanation, please get back to me.
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Postby Glenn » Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:09 pm

Hi Derek;

Wow, that's fast service. Quite frankly, I'd forgotten about that option :oops: but I can tell you with reasonable certainty that I wouldn't have changed it since the default setting is the logical choice for my purposes. Considering this, I don't believe it was the cause but I can't verify it since I've already replaced the old installation. I'll remember to check that option first next time if this should ever recur.

Thanks again,
Glenn
Glenn

Return to Support