Mixed mode Gapless boundaries

Post here if you have suggestions or requests for future enhancements.

Moderator: Derek

Mixed mode Gapless boundaries

Postby Pianissimo84 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:03 pm

Occasionally, I have an album side that could benefit from some track boundaries as Gapless and the rest non-Gapless. I would like to see the Gapless boundary selection as a boundary option, not for the whole file. How doable is that?

Rob.................
Pianissimo84

Gapless by Track

Postby renowden » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:14 pm

Now I have been regularly using the program for a few months I have a few suggestions which I will post over a period as I formulate them. My first is covered by this topic which received no comment at the time.

Quite a number of (my) albums have only some tracks which run into each other. Indeed, all vinyl albums have a non-gapless join between sides however much we try and fake it. Although it is possible to butt the end of one track up against the start of the next and remove the fade and silence times, this does not enforce the required frame boundary. I don't know how this will affect cutting a CD, probably not at all if Disk-at-Once is used, but I use my music on a media player.

Suggested UI - In the "Track <n> Properties" window, insert a tick box between "Fade In" and "Fade Out" marked gapless which greys out the "Fade Out" and "Post-Silence" fields AND the "Pre-Silence" and "Fade In" fields of the following track. Setting the Default Timings from the "Track Properties" window does not touch this tick but the values would be ignored. The Tracks -> Gapless menu item should remain and should be used as the default when a new track split is created.
Cheers,

Rick Parsons

Bristol, England
renowden

Return to Wish List