track titles

Post here if you have suggestions or requests for future enhancements.

Moderator: Derek

track titles

Postby citguy » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:37 pm

Hi Derek. When doing classical vinyl, there are often 'multiple' tracks with the same titles (adagio, allegro etc). WC will not save more than one track with the same title so I have to change the spelling on one or more tracks (usually by adding a letter to the end of the title) then later 're-edit' the title with my burning software which will save multiple tracks with the same title. Would it be possible to have WC use the 'length' of each track in combination with the title to allow tracks with the same title to be saved?

Stan
citguy

Postby Derek » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:51 am

Tracks can have the same title. The reason you cannot save them will be because the operating system will not allow you to have two files with exactly the same names. The easiest way to avoid this is to include the track number in the file name. In other words, use say '# - TITLE' as the file naming rule instead of simply 'TITLE'. This will prepend the track number to the file name and allow the tracks to be saved. Is this a satisfactory solution?
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Postby citguy » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:04 pm

Thanks for the clarification Derek. Yes, '#-title' would work but since I don't want the extra track numbers on my cd covers just adding an extra letter to the duplicate title will suffice.

When there is a duplicate title, WC won't save and close until the duplicate is retitled. No error message is given. If I understand you correctly, this is the XP operating system doing this and not WC?

Stan
citguy

Postby Derek » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:19 am

It's not specific to XP. All filing systems require file names to be unique. If two files had the same name, then the filing system wouldn't be able to distinguish them.

Wave Corrector checks the names that the file naming rule generates and if there are any duplicates, it greys out the OK button. Otherwise, the OS would generate an error when you tried to save a duplicate file.
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Postby knighte » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:13 am

Hi Citguy, Check this link "http://www.snapfiles.com/get/siren.html". It's for a free file renaming utility which I have found to be quite useful. Hope it works for you.
Larry
knighte

Postby citguy » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:33 am

Thanks Larry. I have 'several' rename utilities. I was just hoping that there would be a way to avoid accidental duplications in WC when doing large projects involving 20+ tracks.
Stan
citguy

Return to Wish List