Changing track numbers in the properties dialogue

Post here if you have suggestions or requests for future enhancements.

Moderator: Derek

Changing track numbers in the properties dialogue

Postby Glenn » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:32 pm

Unless I missed it, it would be good to be able to begin the track sequence at a number other than 01 in the track properties. Since hi-rez recordings can easily exceed the 2 GB file limit it is sometimes necessary to break up a recording into more than one session. At the moment each session only allows for the sequence to begin at 01. This can cause problems with playlists as the tracks for an album will be played out of sequence. This has happened to me twice already, and has forced me to change both the saved file number and the associated tag after the file is saved.

Thanks.
Black is beautiful!
Glenn

Postby Derek » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:17 am

Hi Glenn

Thanks for the suggestions.

Regarding this one, you can change the track numbers but you have to do it in the Save dialog rather than in track properties. Although this seems rather odd, it is because the the numbers in the track Properties window are simply an enumeration of the tracks in the current file. As you split or merge tracks, these numbers update to provide a cross reference with the tracks listed under the 'Tracks' menu.

However, when you 'Save', the program lets you choose a starting track number and whether to use consecutive numbering if, for example, you don't save all the tracks. The track numbering you select in the Save window is written to tags if the format supports them.
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Postby Glenn » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:39 pm

Thanks for taking the time to explain it, Derek. I see it now above the file naming rule. Funny, I never noticed it there before. The help file doesn't mention it either, but I guess it is self explanatory.

Regards,
Glenn
Black is beautiful!
Glenn

Return to Wish List