Correction macros

Post here if you have suggestions or requests for future enhancements.

Moderator: Derek

Correction macros

Postby Glenn » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:56 pm

Hi Derek,

It would be helpful if one could define a group of correction settings and save them as a selectable correction macro, perhaps even with a name. Wavcorrector already has a form of this in the default nature of the superscan, however it does not include the parameters behind the advanced panel. These must be set individually everytime.

A saveable correction macro, selectable from a drop down menu and applicable also to block scans (rescans and superscans) would be the ultimate in user convenience, but I would be happy if I didn't have to keep opening the advanced panel every time I need to make a change :) .

Thanks,
Glenn
Black is beautiful!
Glenn

Postby Derek » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:41 am

Yes, a good idea. I'll see what I can do.
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Postby Glenn » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:59 pm

Hi Derek.

I think having macros preloaded with names like Classical, or Rock would be most helpful as a guide for new users, or those unsure of the correct settings to apply. For example, classical music (piano and orchestral) can withstand very high correction settings, ones that would be completely innappropriate for music of a percussive nature, which with the same settings would return a high number of false positives.

In my case I begin every session with the most basic scan, a level 1 with gain set at the highest level and minimum correction width set at 10. Often this is sufficient and returns very few false positives - virtually none - with a generally low enough count that can be sifted through and refined quickly. Despite the overall level of satisfaction this provides there will still be trouble spots that need targeted superscans at much higher settings using the block selection scan. In every case the minimum correction width needs to be reset at 1 in order to be effective. To be able to adjust from one setting to the other at the click of a mouse would be fantastic.

Thanks for your consideration.

Glenn
Black is beautiful!
Glenn

Return to Wish List