Time displays

Post here if you have suggestions or requests for future enhancements.

Moderator: Derek

Time displays

Postby bmbguy » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:07 pm

Honest Derek, I'm really not trying to be a pest...but I've been using the program a lot lately so these things come to mind.

The time display in the left sidebar (cursor position) and in the right sidebar (correction list) both indicate the 'file' time, but the display at the bottom of the screen indicates 'track' time, so those displays are never in sync. As such, the numbers themselves aren't of that much use (at least in my opinion), since they don't correlate.

Would it be possible to have all displays indicate one or the other -- either 'file' time or 'track' time, so that they would all match? At the very least, it would be nice if the bottom screen display matched the correction list. Maybe a toggle in the 'view' menu?

Just curious, and would be interested to know if others feel the same way I do.

Thanks,
Randy
Last edited by bmbguy on Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bmbguy

Postby Derek » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:02 am

Hi Randy

Yes, I see what you're getting at. The status bar time display (at the bottom right hand side of the screen) sort of covers this. It shows the file time of the mouse cursor as you move it around. However it only shows the time to the nearest second so this makes it less useful than it would otherwise be.

It'd certainly be possible to have an option on the view menu. I think that would be the best option, along with adding milliseconds to the status bar display. I'll see what I can do.
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Postby bmbguy » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:35 pm

Derek,

Ahh, I never even noticed the status bar time display. Yes, that does match the other displays, and it would be a help if it indicated milliseconds as you mentioned. Then again, the view menu lets you turn the status bar off!

Obviously this isn't a crippling issue -- I just think it makes more sense, as you're using the program, for the times in the correction list to match the times along the bottom of the screen. If you're trying to match things up, I don't think it really matters much whether it's track time or file time -- and they both have their uses. So an option to choose one or the other would likely be the best.

Whatever you think makes the most sense -- and might be the simplest to code up, of course! Or maybe down the road some time...

Thanks again,
Randy
bmbguy

Postby Derek » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:03 am

Hi Randy

After some thought I decided to implement your suggestion. In the latest beta(4), there is now an option on the View menu to select track or file timings.
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Return to Wish List