Inserting cue markers while recording

Post here if you have suggestions or requests for future enhancements.

Moderator: Derek

Inserting cue markers while recording

Postby Ray Bell » Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:25 pm

Having used Wave Corrector to transfer some 30 LPs to CD I find the technique which is most reliable for identifying the corrections which really need to be auditioned is to listen throughout the recording process and note, using pen and paper, the times at which the most audible clicks occur. This approach would be made much simpler if I could just tap a key (space bar?) during the recording and create a log file containing the times of the keystrokes. Then, on scanning the resulting Wav file, the data from the log file could be added into the corrections list as cue markers; which would make it easy to find the sections of interest. In fact the log file would effectively be a session file created automatically during the recording process.
The cue markers could also be used to indicate track breaks when recording material which Wave Corrector is unlikely to be able to separate automatically e.g. live performances with applause between tracks.

This is not so much a 'wish' as a suggestion since I am not planning to transfer many more LPs but I thought others might find it useful. What do other users think?

Ray
Ray Bell

Postby citguy » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:48 pm

Hi Ray. It's already there. The tab key inserts cues during play back. Yes, it is a very convenient way of marking trouble spots or potential track splits or merges etc., etc..
Stan
citguy

Postby Derek » Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:04 pm

citguy wrote:Hi Ray. It's already there. The tab key inserts cues during play back. Yes, it is a very convenient way of marking trouble spots or potential track splits or merges etc., etc..
Stan

I think Ray was suggesting being able to do this while recording. Another user suggested the same thing a while back. I think it might be quite tricky to do but I'll look into it.
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Postby Ray Bell » Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:17 pm

Derek

Yes that is what I was suggesting. It may not have been another user who suggested it before as I did mention this in an email to you about a year ago. If it's difficult and nobody else wants it then forget it.

Ray
Ray Bell

Postby DinOregon » Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:34 am

I don't yet have Wave Corrector, so I cannot swear that the following freeware program will help you do what you want, but I think it will help in the first part --easily creating a time list.

SnapTimePro
http://www.measureandconvert.com/prod01.htm

It is like a stopwatch, but after starting, you can hit a button called Snap. It will keep track of the time of each Snap. Make sure you have the Report box checked. Then, as you mark a time, you can add a comment about the sound if you want. At the end you will have a list of times with comments about each time. This can then be printed out to a text or Word file or I believe to a CVS file.

Of course the list points would not be added in to WaveCorrector, but at least it would show where in the time sequence the big noises are.
DinOregon

Return to Wish List