Volume Control

Post here if you have suggestions or requests for future enhancements.

Moderator: Derek

Volume Control

Postby tonyt » Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:50 pm

Is there a better volume control other than the windoze app?
The problem with windows is not with the volume, but with the channel balance. The control is too fine, and there is no automatic centering or balance indication (i.e. 5% left).

I realize that wave corrector has a software solution that can correct the balance, but I would prefer to get it right when recording.

The best solution would be for wave corrector to have its own volume control.

Tony
tonyt

Postby Derek » Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:59 am

Yes, I think you suggested this in an email a few months ago. I'll take another look at it. to see how feasible it might be.

In the meantime, the use of the Wave Corrector Channel Balance feature should be effective in most cases. If the unbalance is not too great, then the quality degradation will be negligible. It will also have the advantage of compensating for any imbalance in the recording chain between your record deck and your soundcard.
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Postby Ray Bell » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:17 pm

Tony

You might like to try out a piece of shareware called "Power Mixer".
I haven't used it myself but the screenshots on the creators' website suggest it may be what you want.

You can find it at

http://www.actualsolution.com/

Ray
Ray Bell

Postby tonyt » Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:52 pm

Thanks Ray, "Power Mixer" is exactly what I'm looking for (although the price ( $18 ) is steep for what it does. Hopefully Derek can add a better volume control to Wave Corrector, but I'll try the "Power Mixer"'s free-trial period to see if its worth the $18 (Don't you just hate it when you have to pay extra for something that Microsoft should have done a better job at in the first place?)

Tony
tonyt

Return to Wish List