Two sets of "Auto-scan Options"

Post here if you have suggestions or requests for future enhancements.

Moderator: Derek

Two sets of "Auto-scan Options"

Postby wilm » Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:56 pm

I developed the following mode of operations when I'm putting my vinyl records to disc:
  1. Record a number of vinyl records;
  2. Batch processing of all files with a fixed set of auto-scan options;
  3. Save all files in tracks using an external (LAME) encoder.

In step 3, no click processing has to be done. Wave Corrector has only one set of "Auto-scan Options", so when I alternate between steps 2 and 3 I always wind up with the "wrong" set of Auto-scan Options (from the previous session)

Providing a separate set of settings for batch processing could overcome this "inconvenience" (it is no more than that)
Tell me, and I'll forget
Show me, and I may remember
Involve me, and I will understand
wilm

Re: Two sets of "Auto-scan Options"

Postby Derek » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:40 am

wilm wrote:I developed the following mode of operations when I'm putting my vinyl records to disc:
  1. Record a number of vinyl records;
  2. Batch processing of all files with a fixed set of auto-scan options;
  3. Save all files in tracks using an external (LAME) encoder.
In step 3, no click processing has to be done. Wave Corrector has only one set of "Auto-scan Options", so when I alternate between steps 2 and 3 I always wind up with the "wrong" set of Auto-scan Options (from the previous session)

Providing a separate set of settings for batch processing could overcome this "inconvenience" (it is no more than that)

Rather fortuitously, you can already do this. This is because the program maintains two sets of Auto-Scan options - one for vinyl and one for tape.

In your case, you could set the autoscan options to 'tape' and set the hiss reduction to '0' (off). This will then do what you require in step 3.

Derek Higgins
Derek
Site Admin

Return to Wish List