beta 3.3 build 2

Use this forum to post comments or suggestions about the current beta

Moderator: Derek

beta 3.3 build 2

Postby Glenn » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:20 pm

Hi Derek,
Something's very odd here. The blue correction trace is not visible, though I can confirm the corrections are being applied. Also, the track break signature has replaced the correction signature in the wave view. The new scroll zoom looks interesting, but how is it applied? I'm still running win98.
Thanks,
Glenn
Glenn

Postby Derek » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:37 pm

Hi Glenn

Ah! Well done for discovering these problems!

I can fix them fairly easily. The uncorrected wave was being drawn in the background colour. hence you could not see it.

The correction signature was not being drawn becaue of a badly written patch I'd put in. I need to do a bit more testing to correct the patch but at least I know exactly where the problem lies.

Regarding the scroll zoom, you should be able to zoom in and out by moving the centre scroll wheel on your mouse (assuming you have a wheel mouse). I've tested this on a win98 system and it works OK. So let me know if there's a problem on your system.

all the best
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Postby Glenn » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:31 am

Hi Derek,
You wrote:
Regarding the scroll zoom, you should be able to zoom in and out by moving the centre scroll wheel on your mouse (assuming you have a wheel mouse). I've tested this on a win98 system and it works OK

It works ok here. My mouse driver as two modes which alternately support scroll and zoom functions for the wheel. I have it set to support scroll as this enables 4-way scrolling in an explorer window. Experimenting with the zoom support enabled, the beta works fine for horizontal zoom but I noticed there is no keyboard alternative for vertical zoom. Are you planning on implementing this? The zoom capability is a good addition either way.
Speaking of keyboard shortcuts, are you planning one for the cancel block operation? Maybe I should put this one in the wish list. :D
Thanks,
Glenn
Glenn

Postby Derek » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:23 am

Hi Glenn

The problems you reported are now fixed. There is a new beta build on the beta page. I've also included a keyboard shortcut to cancel block mode (the 'Q'' key) :D

Regarding zooming, I've only implemented horizontal zooming using the mouse wheel. However, it would be very easy to add vertical zooming if, say, you held down the Shift key. I think for completeness, I'll do that.

Just in case you don't realise, you have always been able to zoom horizontally and vertically using the 2, 4, 6 and 8 keys on the numberic keypad.
Derek Higgins
Wave Corrector Developer
http://www.wavecor.co.uk
Derek
Site Admin

Return to Beta Comments